Asian Caramel Budino
A delicious dessert with a twist!
- 2 cups KA–ME® Coconut Milk, separated
- 3 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp KA–ME® Fish Sauce
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, combine ½ cup KA-ME® Coconut Milk, brown sugar, and salt over medium-high heat.
- Bring mixture to a boil, stirring frequently. Once boiling, turn down to a simmer. Let cook for 10-12 minutes or until dark brown and thickened to syrupy consistency, stirring constantly.
- Remove pot from heat and whisk in cornstarch, making sure there are no clumps.
- Whisk in remaining 1 ½ cups KA-ME® coconut milk, vanilla, and KA-ME® Fish Sauce.
- Place pan back on medium heat. Stir constantly until mixture starts to thicken, about 5-6 minutes.
- Transfer pudding mixture to glass jars. Tap jars to remove any air bubbles. Place plastic wrap directly on the pudding to prevent a film from forming.
- Chill for 3 hours, or until firm. Optional: Top with whipped cream and extra caramel.