Hearty Beef Short Ribs
- 3 lbs short ribs
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp KA–ME® Stir-Fry Oil to sear the meat
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 and 1/2 cups baby carrots
- 1 cup white mushrooms
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cups chicken or beef broth
- 1/3 cup KA–ME® Tamari
- 1/2 cup KA–ME® Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tbsp KA–ME® Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 1 tsp KA–ME® Sesame Oil Blend
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Trim the fat off your beef short ribs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add KA-ME® Stir Fry Oil to a pot over medium high heat. Add short ribs and sear for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove short ribs and set aside.
- Add onion to pot and cook for 2 minutes or until translucent. Add ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes and cook for another minute or until ginger is fragrant.
- Add in carrots and mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until softened.
- Add in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in chicken broth and allow sauce to come to a simmer.
- Add in KA-ME® Tamari, KA-ME® Hoisin Sauce, KA-ME® Seasoned Rice Vinegar, KA-ME® Sesame Oil Blend, and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Add in seared beef short ribs. Add lid to pot and turn heat to medium low. Let cook for two hours.
- Serve over noodles, rice, or potatoes.