Hoisin Cauliflower Bites
- 1 small- medium head of cauliflower, stems trimmed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk
- 1 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup KA–ME® Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tsp KA–ME® 100% Pure Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp KA–ME® Tamari
- 1 tsp KA–ME® Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp filtered water
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F (218.3 C). Line a large baking pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the garlic powder salt, all-purpose flour, milk, and whisk until you have formed a batter.
- Add the cauliflower to the bowl of the batter and toss until the batter has covered the cauliflower bites.
- Place the panko bread crumbs in a bowl. Add the cauliflower bites and toss until each bite is completely covered. Spread the cauliflower evenly on the baking pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the hoisin sauce, sesame oil, tamari, rice vinegar, and garlic in a small saucepan over low-medium heat.
- In a small bowl combine the water and cornstarch and mix into a slurry. Add the mixture to the hoisin sauce and stir until the sauce starts to thicken, around 3-4 minutes. Make sure not the sauce does not boil, it can easily burn.
- Place the Cauliflower in a large bowl and drizzle the hoisin sauce on top of the bites. Toss with a large spoon until all of the bites are completely covered with sauce. Using a kitchen basting brush, completely brush the sauce on the bites.
- Place the cauliflower bites back in the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Take cauliflower bites out of the oven and top with sesame seeds and fresh cilantro. Eat immediately, leftovers will get soggy.
- I recommend eating these bites right when they come out of the oven. They taste best fresh and warm.
- Pair these bites with dipping sauce and fresh vegetables for the ultimate party platter.
- If you feel like your bites are not crispy enough after baking them with the hoisin sauce, turn your oven to broil 500 F to 550 F (260 – 290 C.) Broil them for 2-3 minutes watching them carefully. They can burn quickly, so I like to keep the oven light on and watch them for those couple of minutes.