Kung Pao Chicken
- 1/4 cup soy sauce, divided
- 1 tbsp KA–ME® Rice Wine or any white wine!
- 3 tsp cornstarch, divided
- 1 lb chicken breast or thighs, chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp KA–ME® Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tsp KA–ME® Sesame Oil Blend
- 1 tsp garlic chili paste( + more for additional spice)
- 1 tbsp KA–ME® Stir-Fry Oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 5 to 6 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup roasted, unsalted peanuts
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a medium bowl combine 1 tbsp soy sauce, KA–ME® Rice Wine, and 1 tsp cornstarch. Take the cubed chicken and place into the bowl. Toss to combine. Cover the chicken and marinate for 15 to 20 minutes at room temperature.
- In another bowl combine 3 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tsp cornstarch, chicken broth, apple cider vinegar, KA–ME® Hoisin Sauce, KA–ME® Sesame Oil Blend, and garlic chili paste. Set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet or wok preheated to medium high heat, add the 1 tbsp KA–ME® Stir-Fry Oil. Next, add the chicken and cook until golden and no longer pink for about 10 minutes. Remove from the skillet and place on a plate.
- In the same skillet (add more oil if necessary), add the red pepper and garlic. Stir to combine and cook for about 5 minutes. Return the chicken to the skillet and pour in the sauce. Stir to combine and bring the mixture to a simmer. Cook until the sauce has thickened about 2 minutes.
- Turn on off the heat and stir in green onions, peanuts, and garnish with parsley.