Okonomiyaki in Japanese translates to “grill as you like it.” These savory pancakes are filled with shredded cabbage and topped with bonito flakes and homemade sauce, but you can fill and top them as you please.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup KA–ME® Sesame Oil Blend
- 2 tbsp KA–ME® Tamari
- 3 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced and divided
- 1/4 cup KA–ME® Stir-Fry Oil, divided
- 1/4 cup KA–ME® Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp KA–ME® Fish Sauce
- 1 tbsp KA–ME® Rice Vinegar
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups bonito flakes
- In large bowl, whisk together flour and salt. In separate bowl whisk together eggs, 1/3 cup water, 1 tbsp KA–ME® Sesame Oil Blend, and KA–ME® Tamari until blended. Whisk egg mixture into flour mixture until combined. Fold in cabbage and half of the green onions.
- Heat 1 tbsp KA–ME® Stir-Fry Oil in 10-inch skillet set over medium-high heat. Pour 1/2 cup batter into skillet; press gently with heatproof spatula to flatten. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until bottom is golden brown. Flip over; cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until cooked through. Repeat with remaining batter, adding remaining oil as needed.
- Stir together KA–ME® Hoisin Sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, KA–ME® Fish Sauce and KA–ME® Rice Vinegar until blended.
- Drizzle Okonomiyaki sauce and mayonnaise over pancakes. Sprinkle with bonito flakes and remaining green onions.