Spicy Thai Chicken
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1/3 cup + 2 tsp cornstarch, divided
- 2 tbsp KA–ME® Cooking Wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp KA–ME® Tamari
- 1 tbsp KA-ME® Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp KA–ME® Hoisin Sauce
- 1/4 cup KA–ME® Sriracha Sauce
- 2 tsp to 3 tbsp KA–ME® Sesame Oil Blend, divided
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup KA–ME® Stir-Fry Sauce
- 6-8 Japanese dried red chilies, whole
- 3 scallions, white and green parts, cut into half inch chunks
- White and black sesame seedsfor garnish
- KA–ME® Pad Thai Express Rice Noodles
- In medium bowl, toss chicken chunks with KA–ME Cooking Wine and a pinch of salt, and set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine chicken stock, KA–ME Tamari, KA–ME Rice Wine Vinegar, KA–ME Hoisin Sauce, KA–ME Sriracha Sauce, 1 tbsp KA–ME Sesame Oil Blend, sugar and 2 teaspoons of the cornstarch. Stir until smooth.
- When ready to cook, toss chicken to coat evenly with remaining ⅓ cup of cornstarch. Chicken should have a dry coating of cornstarch; add a little more if coating seems moist. In a large skillet over medium heat, bring 2 tbsp KA–ME Sesame Oil Blend to 325 degrees. Add chicken and cook, stirring often, until chicken is brown on all sides, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Pour most of the oil out of the skillet, until only a thin coating remains in the pan. Add KA–ME Stir-Fry Sauce to pan and stir, about 15 seconds. Add whole chilies, chicken pieces and scallion pieces and toss to combine. Add sauce and simmer, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens, becomes shiny and evenly coats chicken (about 5-7 minutes). Serve chicken immediately over KA–ME Pad Thai Express Rice Noodles; top with sliced scallions and black and white sesame seeds for garnish.
- Optional: Add cooked noodles to skillet and stir-fry for 1 minute to coat noodles for added flavor.