Crispy Tofu with Spicy Plum Sauce
Quick and easy, this tasty noodle bowl is sure to please the whole family.
- 12 oz extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp KA–ME® Tamari
- 1 tbsp KA-ME® Oyster Sauce
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup KA–ME® Stir-Fry Oil, divided
- 8 oz KA-ME® Udon Japanese Thick Noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 2 cans (15 oz each) KA–ME® Stir-Fry Vegetables Mixed, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup KA–ME® Plum Sauce
- 2 tbsp KA–ME® Sriracha Sauce
- 1 tbsp KA–ME® Hot Mustard
- 4 green onions , thinly sliced
- Toss together tofu, KA–ME® Tamari and KA–ME® Oyster Sauce. Let stand for 15 minutes. Toss with rice flour.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp KA–ME® Stir-Fry Oil in large wok or saucepan set over medium heat; sauté KA–ME® Udon Japanese Thick Noodles, KA–ME® Stir-Fry Vegetables and lime juice until warmed through. Divide among 4 bowls. Wipe out wok using paper towel.
- Heat remaining oil in same wok set over high heat; cook tofu for 4 to 5 minutes or until crispy and golden brown all over.
- Stir together KA–ME® Plum Sauce, KA–ME® Sriracha Sauce and KA–ME® Hot Mustard.
- Top noodle mixture with tofu. Drizzle with spicy plum sauce. Sprinkle with green onions.
For a vegetarian option, substitute KA–ME® Hoisin Sauce for KA–ME® Oyster Sauce.