- 5 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped kimchi
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced, white separated from green
- 1/3 cup kimchi juice
- 2 tbsp KA–ME® Sriracha Sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 packages KA-ME® Udon Japanese Thick Noodles
- salt, to taste
- 4 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- To get kimchi juice, grab a handful of kimchi and squeeze the juice out. You can also use a cheesecloth.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add chopped kimchi, whites of green onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until kimchi is softened and lightly caramelized, about 4 minutes.
- Add broth, KA-ME® Sriracha Sauce and kimchi juice and bring to a simmer. Cook until liquid is slightly reduced, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil KA-ME® Udon Noodles according to package directions.
- Transfer noodles to saute pan with sauce and add remaining 3 tablespoons butter. Cook, stirring often, until the noodles are coated and heated through, about 3 minutes. If needed, season with salt to taste.
- Divide among bowls and top each with an egg yolk, green onions and sesame seeds.